This project took longer than I anticipated. Removing the old spreaders and drilling the new holes for the stainless steel brackets was easy enough. I followed the instructions from Catalina Direct and the great advice from Chip Ahoy on spreader bracket installation. When ever I have doubts or questions about my Catalina 22, I check out Chip Ahoy. My first issue was removing a bird’s nest that had grown in the base of the mast. I used a garden hose to feed the ‘spacer’ up the mast as suggested by Chip Ahoy. But after several attempts – the ‘spacer’ would get snagged half way in, I ended up removing the old internal steaming/anchor light wiring. After that it was free sailing and with the use of a thin screwdriver, I soon had the ‘spacer’ and new brackets bolted in place.